MEET OUR TEAM
It takes great people to build great software. Our management team is heavy on the talent and easy on the eyes.
- Brad has over 20 years of experience in software development. He manages Grio’s operations, including finance, marketing, and human resources.
- Doug loves solving hard problems, and has been doing so for Bay Area startups for over 25 years. He focuses on Grio’s sales and client services, and occasionally finds time to write code.
- Meg joined Grio in 2011 as an experienced software developer and expert project manager. She created many of our current project management processes, and now oversees our PM team.
Director, PM & Marketing
- Brooks is a multi-talented scientist and engineer who joined Grio as a software developer in 2015. He’s since founded Grio’s two satellite offices, and currently manages our Salt Lake City team.
- Chris joined Grio as a full-stack developer in 2018, and now leads our Mexico City team. She holds degrees in Computer Science and Systems Engineering from Mexico’s Instituto Politécnico Nacional.
Chris Ile Aldama
Managing Director, CDMX
- Adam has 15 years of experience building custom web and mobile applications and managing software teams. He currently oversees technology choices and strategy for many of Grio’s projects.
Director Of Engineering, Web
- Mateo has over 20 years of experience as a UI/UX design leader. He joined Grio in early 2018, and brings his passion for clean, functional UX and design to every project.
- Devin is a chef-turned-programmer who joined Grio as an apprentice in 2015. He now leads our iOS team, and is also an accomplished web developer.
iOS Development Manager
- Ryan is a passionate technologist with over a decade of software development experience. He earned his BS in Computer Science from the University of Michigan, and joined Grio’s Android team in 2013.
Android Development Manager
- Kristine is a full stack web developer specializing in Rails and Angular. She began her career in education, and joined Grio as an apprentice after graduating from Hackbright Academy in 2014.
- Chris joined Grio as a software developer in 2016, and now serves as Web lead on multiple projects. He earned his BS in Computer Science from the University of Michigan in 2010.
- David oversees Grio’s office operations, payroll, onboarding, regulatory compliance, and more. He previously served as Workforce Program Manager for the San Francisco LGBT Community Center.
In 2008, San Francisco-based software developers Brad Johnson and Doug Kadlecek picked up their first contract to build an online newspaper and publishing platform. As their business grew, Brad and Doug expanded the Grio team to take on larger, more complex projects with an emphasis on collaboration, transparency, and positivity.
Today, Grio has three offices (San Francisco, Mexico City, and Salt Lake City) and over 50 developers, designers, product and project managers, and QA engineers. Although most employees work from one of our offices, we also have remote teammates spread across 5 states and 4 countries. We’re always looking for more fun, talented folks to join us.